- Singapore is the least corrupt in Asia and is considered to be the 5th least corrupt country worldwide.
- 7th of November in Singapore is celebrated as a tree planting day. It is a great celebration, and every single citizen of the country starting from Prime Minister plant trees on this day. People in Singapore sometimes even adopt trees and give them names.
- The Singaporean authorities prohibit to chew a gun in the street unless you can prove it is for medical purposes.
- Singapore has a limit on the height of its buildings- a fair 280 m. There are only three buildings in Singapore exactly 280 min length.
- You can not find skyscrapers in Singapore. The buildings in this small city-state should be lower than 280 meters.
- One of the must-visit places in Singapore is the Singaporean Zoo. It is a real tropical paradise with species from the northern to the southern tropics.
- In Singapore, children and plants are in the centre of attention. Singaporeans celebrate children’s’ day twice a year. One for children under 12 years old, the other for teenagers.
- Singapore was once called Temasek before its current name, which meant the town of the sea.
- According to World Bank and IMF, Singapore is the 3rd in their GDP per capita list.
- The Changi Airport of Singapore is one of the best airports in the world.
- If you want to appear in an orchid paradise, leave for Singapore. It hosts the largest orchid garden in the world.
- Besides the main island, Singapore consists of 63 other small islands, though most of them are uninhabited.
- The symbol of Singapore is the Merlion, a half-fish, half-lion beast.
- The majority of Singaporeans are born in October than in any other month of the year.
- There are more species of trees in The Bukit Timah Nature Reserve in Singapore than in the North American continent.
From now on, HelloSIM affordable data bundles can be activated and used in Singapore. This means the internet in Singapore is no more a problem, travelers can enjoy affordable and fast internet connection, and won’t have to overpay for international roaming.